Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shhh...don't tell her


As I have chronicled here, you know that the Snapper is the happy recipient of many wonderful gently used and just plain fab clothes. Dressing her is really a delight- but I seldom get to buy her clothing myself. I'm not complaining - but with 2 grandmas and numerous "aunties" in town - her wardrobe is taken care of.

We really haven't bought many toys either- she has a few faves and LOVES books too. She's easily amused by a spoon or even the Kroger circular. But we just couldn't resist picking up the classic Fisher Price chatter telephone for her birthday recently. I know, I know, it isn't for 2 more months, but you don't see these beauties every day. The box says that it was introduced in 1962 as a way to teach children how to use a rotary dial phone. Lucky for us, we actually use a rotary dial phone.

The challenge for me is going to be keeping it a secret from a very busy baby. And from buying all the "classic" Fisher Price toys BEFORE August!

2 comments:

Zay said...

what an awesome gift. i bet if you put the phone on a high shelf rees will never be able to figure out what her bday present is. :)

Mary T-Allen said...

Lucky baby! I wish I were getting a rotary phone for my b-day. It keeps us in touch with a simpler time...and a more rainbow one!