Monday, September 17, 2007

Wide open spaces


This is my new favorite place in my house. Note that you can actually SEE the countertop. I've caught myself just staring at this space several times tonight. The large jars next to the recipe box contain rare candy collected on vacation, and a brandied fruit mixture that has been fermenting for about 2 years now. I make a killer brandied fruitcake (recipe courtesy Scott's grandmother) from this stuff. Next to that jar is the two- count 'em- two, boxes of pills, vitamins, supplements, and assorted potions that are helping me through this post-partum stuff.

3 comments:

Mary T-Allen said...

I love room on the counter--or anywhere really. That is one of the wonderful products of moving. You realize enough is enough and you start to purge and admire how not full all the closets and stuff are. I just finished reading a book called Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui last night and it has inspired me beyond my mortal imagination. I actually took an entire box of beloved mixed tapes from my use and dumped them in the outside trash can. Now they are in a Nacogdoches landfill. I remember loving them once, but all I feel now is exhilaration from the purge. Hooray for making room!

KB said...

The kitchen is my favorite place in your house. It reminds me of beer and cheese night which was one of the best nights ever!

Zay said...

that is a counter where i learned how to make strawberry jam. :)