Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Nitty Gritty

I have a confession to make. Until very recently, I never washed my face. I'm not exactly sure why. Over the years I accumulated face washing products: foaming washes, toners, creams, scrubs, masks that heated up, strips that guaranteed removal of blackheads and 7 layers of skin. I was fascinated by these pricy potions, but not enough to stick with anything very long.

When I was in middle and high school, I joined the ranks of most teenagers and used those stridex pads or Bonnie Bell toner. But I gave up on those too. I just couldn't get behind the whole face washing ritual. I think part of the deal was that since I didn't use makeup very often, I didn't think about my face too much. Since the Snapper got here, I've changed my tune a bit.

Why this change? Well, for one, my little sister introduced me to this line of non-animal tested, hypo-allergenic, mostly organic, plant based face products called Arbonne. The system is a five step deal that takes about 5 minutes to do. I gotta tell you, I'm hooked. My face feels as soft as the Ol Snapper's cheeks.

The other reason I'm hooked is because I've come to appreciate something as small as washing one's face as an indulgence. Since my world is a little chaotic right now, (see my next post soon on my recent trip to Austin) taking 5 minutes to apply these products gives me a little order and control over my day. A friend recently told me that the secret to baby-ing is EASY.

Not Easy as in the opposite of hard, but Easy meaning that the baby should:
Eat
Activity (changing a diaper, play, walk around the house)
Sleep
then the caregiver should spend some
You time.

Right now, about all the You time I'm getting right now is washing my face once a day. I dream of getting a lot of stuff done, of returning to my crazy Pre-Snapper lifestyle. I don't think it is going to happen any time soon. So I'll settle for face washing. I'm sure my skin is thanking me.

3 comments:

LaLa said...

I totally get the idea of face washing being sort of luxurious, particularly in your current circumstances. But when flossing begins to seem fun, you let me know. We'll need to take some drastic action!

Zay said...

haha...i agree with lala...when it gets that desperate you let us know and we'll bring the fun to you.

Kristen Ruby "Lips" Woodard aka Smack Bauer #24 said...

any pampering is good pampering, however short! Enjoy!