Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Twas the night before

Do you remember the night before the first day of school? If you were like me, you'd have your clothes laid out, your lunch packed and you were already to go.. except for one thing...

You laid in bed nervous with anticipation about what the next day would bring, your eyes wide open with sleep being an illusive concept.

That's how tonight feels. Dad wanted all of us (meaning mom, him, Scott, my sister, my brother in law and my niece, Annabelle) to go out to dinner. He was pretty persistent about it, even though I didn't exactly feel hungry. I think he was trying to mark today as a special occasion. He missed out on the events leading up to my sister's delivery - he was in ICU.

So, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life so to speak. I'm giddy with anticipation and nervous and fighting sleep. I've done all the cleaning and preparing and packing one gal can do.

I'll keep you posted on what happens next...

4 comments:

Kristen Ruby "Lips" Woodard aka Smack Bauer #24 said...

OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!OH MY GOD!

Chrissy said...

yes, what smack said.
EEEEEEEEK!!!

Zay said...

zzzz...

*snort* WHAAA??!?

Kristen Ruby "Lips" Woodard aka Smack Bauer #24 said...

WE WANT PICTURES!!