Monday, August 6, 2007

On pins and needles

I'm on pins and needles, waiting for this baby thing to happen. Every time I do something - run to the store, go to the post office - I think this may be the last time I do this without a baby. I've been nesting for sure, doing weird deep cleaning stuff like rearranging junk drawers. I need to do some vacuuming too, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Today I had my first round of acupuncture that is supposed to move the baby along. It had been a long time since I had been "stuck", so it was a new sensation. Unfortunately, the acupuncture room was also the only room in the doctor's office with a bathroom, so a calvalcade of folks paraded by me. Most pretended not to see me - How can you miss a nearly 200 pound woman with needles sticking out of her legs? One curious girl, about 5 years old, asked what was happening to me. She didn't stick around for an answer.

I'm in for more pins and needles tonight as the dreaded carpal tunnel sets in and my hands go numb. One good thing- at least that will end when the baby gets here, and I'm able to reclaim my body.

Oh well, it will all be worth it. I'm just ready to trade these pins and needles for some diaper pins!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

i always wanted to try accupuncture, but i don't have any maladies. well, except for a head cold. but i don't think i want pins sticking out of my head.

Zay said...

I hope the acupuncture did its job and gets that little girl to move along and let her momma reclaim her body. :)

*hugs*

Mary T-Allen said...

I might try acupuncture for my carpal tunnel; I didn't even think of it. My mom had it so bad when she was pregnant with me that she actually had it operated on when I was about six weeks old because the stress pregnancy had put on her veins was not waning. Not to be ominous or anything. :) Sometimes i feel too young to be this deteriorated, but your acupuncture idea has given me new hope.