Monday, August 27, 2007

Night and Day


They say that one of the worst things that can happen is to have a baby get her nights and days mixed up. Fortunately, that hasn't happened much with the Snapper. (I'm knocking on wood right now.) Of course, I consider 5 am to be the middle of the night, but she doesn't. I think she's going to be a night owl like her daddy. She stays up and has a midnight snack then usually hits the sack until 5 or so.

Just so you know, there isn't much on T. V. at 5 am. TV land shows reruns of Star Trek and there are some infomercials. I usually just turn on the early morning news and listen to the traffic reports for deep East Texas.

When I was a kid, there was always one person you could count on for early morning news- Horace McQueen. Old Horace hit the air waves promptly at 6 am for the Farm and Ranch report. Being a city girl and all, I didn't much care about the price of alfalfa, but somehow his gravely East Texas twang made me feel like all was right with the world. Must have had an impact on others too (Check out the link above).

Speaking of night and day, I was commenting to Scott about my desire to have breakfast for dinner, and poof! I got my wish. (See photo above). My poor sleep deprived husband - who is the only one actually having to get dressed each day and go to a job - made me a fabulous dinner of french toast and veggie omelet. YUM YUM. I am one lucky girl.

Tonight is a lunar eclipse. According to the early morning news, it should begin about 4 a.m. I am secretly hoping that the baby and I get to see it. I can't believe that I would hope for such an early wake up call- I guess having nights and days a little mixed up can be a good thing sometimes after all.

4 comments:

Kristen Ruby "Lips" Woodard aka Smack Bauer #24 said...

can i link you from my blog?
i just got caught up...so great for that, these blog things!

mamma_on_the_move said...

i think sleeping till 5am is great for her age! she is right on track. eventually you'll be able to get up and even check your blogs and emails before she wakes up! i still have half an hour before Annabelle is up.

Thank you sooooo much for coming over yesterday and taking care of her. I started feeling much better around dinner time but went to bed EARLY anyway. it's almost a little too soon to see how i feel this morning, but it HAS to be better than yesterday. It just has to be!

Zay said...

what a lucky gal you are to have a hubby make you breakfast for dinner. :)

Mary T-Allen said...

I hope you're a netflix member! There are so many tv shows I catch up on that way when I can watch them at my leisure. Y'all could invest in the 5-at-a-time plan. Of course, after my sister had her first son, she would tell me almost every day about a new book she had read while she was nursing Daniel or whatever it was she was doing with him at all hours.