Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Uh-Oh

On her most excellent blog today, my pal Chrissy asked what "brillant nuggets" her readers have discovered. Well - today my students got me hooked up with Facebook.

I have to say, I may be addicted. Finding friends on Facebook is so much easier than myspace. Plus, within 10 minutes several folks had already confirmed my friend request. Including the sister of an old BF and the Provost of the university. Wild.

I've been a bachelorette this week. I am ready for S to come home. The Snapper's been great, but I am not cut out for single-mom-ness. I'm not so sure how my sister does it. She's here in the states, waiting to have her baby while my brother-in-law is still in China. It's esp. tough because she has a little cutie knocking on the door of the terrible twos.

Although I've got tons of work to do tonight, Ithink I'll try to snazz up my facebook profile.. uh-oh.. this could be the beginning of a major time waster.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

i'm going to add you now! wait until you start playing games on facebook. that's when it really gets out of hand.

Mary T-Allen said...

It IS a huge time suck, but oh--it's a wonderful one. I was skeptical about facebook, but now it's "whatspace?" Way better and not such a purveyor of tackiness.

KB said...

Yes. Be careful ... very careful.

The cool thing about facebook is how easy it is to make a photo album. Get to it. I want to watch Snapper grow up via the web. ;-)