Monday, December 24, 2007

The Rules

A lot has been written about Rules..There are rules to live by, the Golden Rule, rules of the game. The baby and I have come up with our own rules for what I call "Baby Club".

Rule Number 1: You don't talk about baby club.
I've found myself in recent days waxing poetic about feeding the Snapper rice ceral, wondering aloud about the contents of her diaper (YIKES), and other things that absolutely NO ONE ELSE wants to discuss. I think Rule number 1 is very important.

Rule Number 2: Get on it and stay on it.
Now for the Snapper and me, this rule applies to feeding time. But I can see where this rule will be important later in her life too. Basically we've agreed to stick with things, to see them through.

Rule Number 3: Don't bite Mama.
This, dear friends, is becoming a big issue. I think old Snap-E-Tom herself is getting teeth. I've tried to convince her that I'm a lot like Harlon's barbeque (You don't need no teeth to eat my beef, the slogan goes) to absolutely no avail.

I'm sure we'll come up with more rules, but for now, three is pretty good, don't you think?s

3 comments:

KB said...

Good rules. I made rule number three with Pfunk the day she tried to pierce my nipple.

I think there should be rule number 4 ... send updated photos of baby to friends who can't see her up close and personal.

Stacey said...

Hahahaha! Love rule number 3! If only it would sink in!!!

Merry Christmas!

Zay said...

I didn't know that was Harlon's slogan. Thinking about bbq, breast feeding, and teeth gives me the heebie jeebies.