Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Portland

I'm here in Portland, and guess what? It's raining! Last night, after a full day of travel, I wasn't so sure that I was happy to be here. I gave my presentation to a packed room today and I think it went okay. I had a few questions from the audience and no one threw organic tomatos or recycled plastic ware. A few thought on Portland:

1) It's beautiful. There are gorgeous trees with leaves every shade of red, orange and yellow.

2) It prides itself on its sustainability. I ate dinner at a Burgerville last night. The menu featured sweet potato fries or regular, organic pumpkin shakes and non-hormone crazed beef..

3)People are generally very friendly and pretty talky.

Tonight I ate at this crazy restaurant called Sushiland. It had a conveyor belt resplindent with sushi, nigiri, edamame and more. I had a spicy crunchy tuna, miso soup, edamame, a veggie roll and a tempura shrimp roll plus a Black Butte Porter for $11.50. Can you believe it? Next stop was Powell's books. Apparently it is the world's largest independent bookstore. At 68,000 square feet of heaven, I can't imagine anything any bigger. I was there an hour and didn't make it out of the children's section.

I'm hoping to catch up with Kealy over the weekend and tomorrow night some friends from high school are taking me out for Thai food. I miss my family - Red Menance, the Snapper, Scotty and of course Jingo too.. as you can see, I'm salving my wounds with GOOD FOOD!

4 comments:

Zay said...

eat some more good food for me and give kealy a squeeze from me too. :)

KB said...

I'm coming! I'll leave after work on Friday and take you to a waterfall. The weather should be amazing this week. Yay!

Chrissy said...

you get to hang out IN PORTLAND and WITH KEALY!? i am so jealous. the northwest coast is going to explode from your combined awesomeness.

Mary T-Allen said...

I am jealous of anyone whose stomach allows eating at this time, but the fact that Kealy+ Portland are added to the mix makes me SUPER jealous. Have a great time!