Thursday, October 4, 2007

Brother can you spare a dime (or 140 dimes)?


While I'm thinking about food - I was reminded today that it is cookie dough fundraiser time at the Red Menace's school. I have to admit I haven't done a good job pushing the dough this year. Its not because it isn't good. It is actually delicious. In addition to the standard Choco chip, they are selling white chocolate macadamia, Oatmeal Raisin, Pans of turtle brownies, cranberry oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chocolate chunk, and my favorite - soft ready to bake pretzels.


The dough comes in 3 pound tubs of pre-shaped nuggets. All you do is bake the desired number that you want. I think each tub makes 3 dozen. Now I know that $14 bucks for 3 dozen cookies seems like a lot, but the proceeds go to updating the playground equipment at the school. A very worthy cause indeed. Unfortunately, they don't offer vegan dough - too bad!


The best news is that the dough will arrive Nov 5, just in time for the holiday swirl of drop in guests and holiday crafting parties.


If you're interested, let me know. I'll personally deliver the dough directly to your door. Now that's service!

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

i am intrigued by these soft bake pretzels of which you speak...

Chaybee said...

I can hook a sistah up for a mere $14 clams. They even come with their own salt and cinnamon packets..mmm.. doughy goodness

Kristen Ruby "Lips" Woodard aka Smack Bauer #24 said...

ok...count me in on the cranberry oatmeal and the pretzels! sounds good; we have a lot of visitors coming over the hollerdays...weee!

Mary T-Allen said...

The pretzels intrigue me, but this is like the 5th fundraiser I've been approached for this week. I guess Lufkin Schools are doing it this week/these weeks as well. I'll have to consult with Matt T to see if we can push over the snickerdoodle dough we bought and get some pretzel stuff. We probably can. I am such a pushover and pretzel lover...

Zay said...

is it too late to order??
i want some pretzels!!

Anonymous said...

Hey..... Since Chana ate all my cookie dough straight from the freezer and did not pass by the oven I am in NEED of some cookie stuff......... Especially if you will deliever it to my freezer!