Friday, October 12, 2007

Bed's too big without you

When I got to work this morning, still thinking about how much fun I had a CRAFT NIGHT last night, the first thing in my e-mail inbox was a message with the subject "Find Someone to Sleep With Tonight"

I get a lot of these Spam messages. I'm sure you do too. Usually I just delete them and go about my happy way. Which is what I did with this one. Except the subject line continues to intrigue me.

It's true - Sleeping alone isn't much fun. I've only ever slept alone for a brief time in college and post college when I returned to live in my parents house. Growing up I shared a bedroom with my little sister, before that I shared a bed with my parents. Now my bed seems to feature more characters than a one act play. Pre-Snapper it held me, Scott, Pogo, and three cats. (well, actually just two unless it was a chilly night). Now that the Snapper is here, the bed is off limits to the cats, and Pogo seems to have jumped ship, preferring his bed on the floor. The Snapper finds her way into the bed, usually around 4 am (her new wakeup time). And last night because is was slightly cool, Pogo joined in too.

All of these bed partners make for an unseemly mattress cover. Scott has suggested documenting what stains are what.. baby, Pogo, Cat. I'm not sold on the idea.

I do know one thing- the spammer who sent the "Find Someone to Sleep With" Email is barking up the wrong tree.

2 comments:

Zay said...

i know some would say that i am a cruel woman but since moving into the new house i have kicked out the extra warm bodies in our bed...now it only sleeps two..the honey and i. :)

no doggies and no kitty...i can fully stretch out now and snuggle next to my honey's warm hiney without being snuggle-blocked by a blanket stealing doggy or a heat leach kitty.

LaLa said...

I'm so entertained by the idea of cataloguing the stains on the bedcover. If you did it with embroidery you would be combining needlecraft with an almost scientific approach to archiving the history of your bedcover. Fantastic!